James River Public Boat Ramps
The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries maintains 2 public boat landings on the James River, located at:
- Beaumont, just south of Maidens on Route 522
- Watkins Landing, located off Huguenot Trail Road
Powhatan State Park State park located along the James River just off Rt. 522 with over 1,565 acres and two miles of riverfront.
- Kayaking, Canoeing, Tubing and Paddle Boarding (3 car-tops boat slides)
- Camping (full-service to primitive style with three yurts)
- Trails (walking and horseback riding)
- Playgrounds and picnic shelters
Powhatan claims this scenic and historic river as its southern border.
Powhatan Wildlife Management area
Under the jurisdiction of the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, Powhatan’s Wildlife Management Area covers 4,462 acres, which provides opportunities for hunting, fishing, horseback riding, and hiking.
Cozy Acres Family Campground
Family owned and operated, Cozy Acres offers over 100 sites for tents and RVs, a rustic cabin with no amenities, and 2 cottages with kitchen and bath. Other facilities include a:
- Bath house
- Catch and release pond with gazebo
- Fenced-in kid’s pool
- Horseshoe area
- Large picnic shelter
- Laundry room
- Swimming pool
- Trading post
- Volleyball area
Scottville Connector Trail
A walking trail is being planned to connect the County’s premiere 55-year old and older community with Fighting Creek Park (home of the public library and YMCA).