- Bella Cavalo Farm located at 1535 Rocky Ford Road offers full board, an outdoor arena, transport, jumps, and trails on ten acres of land. 598-3049
- Belmead Stables and Riding Club is located on the property of the beautiful Belmead Plantation overlooking the James River, 5000 Cartersville Road. The riding club enjoys 22 miles of trails from sun up to sundown 7 days a week. They have 24 stalls for boarding and offer pasture boarding as well. 598-4907.
- Cottonglen is located at 2170 Huguenot Trail and offers boarding only. 897-1421.
- Deep Creek Stables is located at 5350 Anderson Highway and offers show jump training, boarding, and certified saddle fitting. 434-547-9638.
- Deer Creek Equine Clinic - 2884 Maidens Road. Veterinary services. 598-3759.
- The Double D Farm located at 2221 Sigourney Street offers horse training and horse shoeing. 598-0934.
- The Garland Farm is home to nationally acclaimed professional horse trainer, Tommy Garland. They specialize in horse training with an indoor arena and outdoor riding ring. They also breed and sell and are located at 915 Dorset Road. 598-3657.
- Heatherwood Stables is located at 4206 Michaux Grant Road. They offer full board for all breeds and disciplines and an outdoor arena on 25 acres of land. 598-4955.
- Hertzler Farm & Feed, Inc. is located at 3209 Buckingham Road. They sell everything under the sun for farm, animal, and lawn care. 598-4021.
Powhatan Celebration of the Horse
Farm Bureau and Powhatan Cooperative Extension are proud to be a part of this collaborative project with the Powhatan 4-H and FFA youth organizations. In addition to being a 4-H Qualifying horse show, the horse show portion of the event is open to adult participants too. This event was born out of the need to raise funds to support the 4-H and FFA youth organizations and their many activities, educational opportunities and competitions throughout the year. There was also a strong desire to bring awareness to the large equine community in Powhatan County. In its third year, the event has been expanded to include livestock and exhibits highlighting the overall impact of agriculture in the county. More info...